- School starts soon for some, and many parents are worried about the educational experience associated with remote learning. Here is a fantastic article on The Importance of Becoming a Self-Directed Lifelong Learner by David Handel, MD. He talks about meta-thinking and learning from first principles. Worth reading!
- My 14 y/o daughter ran home the other day convinced she just saw the Asian giant “murder” hornet. So, I was first intrigued and then completely loved the story of 18-year-old Malaysian girl, a student at the local university, who was forced to deliver her exam online (the university, as many others, switched to remote learning). But her village had no reliable internet connection. Vevenoah climbed a tree on the highest hill in her area to get a good signal. The story is entertaining and inspiring, and yes, features the Asian giant hornets. Watch here.
- Elvis Costello has a new album out Hey Clockface.
- And here is a story about Addictive Joy of Watching Someone Listen to Phil Collins. Whose memoir: “Not dead yet” I loved.
- Sebene Selassie, a meditation teacher (you can find her on Dan Harris’ 10% Happier website) has a new book out: “You belong: A Call for Connection.” It could not be more timely.
Until the next time.